1. What is a titanium anode?
The full name of titanium anode is titanium-based metal oxide coated titanium anode, also called DSA anode. It uses titanium as the substrate, and brushes the noble metal coating on the titanium substrate, so that it has good electrocatalytic activity and electrical conductivity.
Classification of titanium anodes: According to the gas released by the anode in the electrochemical reaction, chlorine-evolving anodes, such as ruthenium-based coated titanium electrodes, are classified as oxygen-evolving anodes, such as iridium-based coated titanium electrodes and platinum-titanium meshes/plates. Chlorine evolution anode (ruthenium-coated titanium electrode): high chloride ion content in the electrolyte: generally in hydrochloric acid environment, seawater electrolysis, and brine electrolysis environment. Such as ruthenium iridium titanium anode, ruthenium iridium tin titanium anode. Oxygen evolution anode (iridium-coated titanium electrode): The electrolyte is generally a sulfuric acid environment.
2, the advantages of titanium anode
At present, domestic titanium anodes are mainly brushed, which are widely used. Titanium anodes are also known as DSA anodes because of their light weight and flexible manufacturing process. Compared with similar anodes, titanium anodes have the following advantages:
1. The anode size is stable, the electrode spacing is unchanged during electrolysis, and the electrolysis operation is carried out under stable cell pressure conditions.
2. Low operating voltage, low power consumption, DC power consumption can be reduced by 10-20%.
3. The titanium anode has a long service life and strong corrosion resistance.
4. It can overcome the dissolution problem of graphite anode and lead anode, avoid the contamination of electrolyte and cathode products, and improve the purity of metal products.
5. The high current density, small overpotential and high catalytic activity of the electrode can effectively improve the production efficiency.
6. It can avoid short circuit after deformation of lead anode and improve current efficiency.
7. This shape is easy to make and has high precision.
8. The titanium substrate can be reused.
9. Low overpotential characteristics, it is easy to eliminate the bubbles on the surface between the electrodes and the electrodes, which can effectively reduce the voltage of the electrolytic cell.
Any inquiry of titanium anode,please contact us.