We manufacture all kinds of titanium electrode products with more than 20 years of experience in production and export, with a wide range of uses, including:swimming pool disinfection,cathodic protection,electrolysis industrial wastewater,descaling cooling tower,sodium hypochlorite generator,Cyclone Electrolysis,sterilizing electrolyzers,hydrometallurgy,electrochemical water treatment and so on.
This article mainly introduces relevant information for swimming pool disinfection. For any related technical questions or inquiries, please contact:
MMO titanium electrodes have been increasingly used in swimming pool disinfection in recent years.
Swimming is a sport that integrates entertainment and fitness. Healthy, comfortable and safe swimming pool water quality will bring physical and mental enjoyment to swimmers. Since the human body inevitably produces a large amount of dirt and secretions in the process of immersing in the swimming pool water, and various pathogenic bacteria will enter the water at the same time, the swimming pool water must be treated to kill those harmful to the human body to ensure that Good transparency, providing a comfortable, odorless, healthy water quality.
At present, the sterilization and disinfection treatment of swimming pool water mainly includes chlorine disinfection method, sterilization method, ozone disinfection method, electrostatic sterilization algae killing method, and copper sulfate algae suppression method. Chlorine disinfection method, as a classic water treatment disinfection and sterilization method, has a history of more than 100 years and is still widely used because of its advantages of strong disinfection ability, low price and wide range of sources. The bactericidal effect of chlorine is mainly due to its strong oxidizing properties and easy to pass through the cell wall. The main factors affecting the disinfection effect of chlorine are the amount of chlorine added, contact time, pH value, water temperature, turbidity, and types of microorganisms in the water. quantity.
In recent years, environmental and safety issues caused by chlorine disinfection have attracted more and more attention. Because chlorine disinfectant kills viruses and viruses, it also forms amine chloride and trihalogen (THM) with urea and organic matter secreted by the human body. The volatility of ammonium chloride can cause a special odor in indoor swimming pools, which is irritating to the mucous membranes of human eyes, ears, nose and throat. THM has been confirmed to be carcinogenic to mice. In 2001, the U.S. Agency (EPA) announced that THM is harmful to health, saying that long-term drinking of excessive THM water may lead to cancerous changes in the lungs, liver and system. THM in swimming pool water can cause certain health hazards through human breathing and skin penetration. .
In order to reduce the content of ammonium chloride and trihalogen in swimming pool water and reduce their harm, they can be removed by coagulation sedimentation, activated carbon adsorption and filtration and other methods. The above problems can be completely solved by using or ozone disinfection method. In the 1940s, some European countries found that the disinfection of water has a very good effect, but it has not been paid attention to because of its complicated manufacturing and high price. In recent years, in the search for new disinfectants to avoid the harmful effects caused by chlorine disinfection, titanium-coated ruthenium-iridium electrodes have been increasingly used in swimming pool water disinfection.
Product name: Titanium anode for swimming pool disinfection
MMO titanium anode mesh, Titanium anode for water treatment
Specifications: 1.0*65*150mm 1.0*63*150mm 1.0*50*100mm
Mesh size: 12.5*4.5mm, 3*6mm, 4*8mm, etc.
Coating:usdually is Ruthenium-iridium coating
It can also be made according to the drawings provided by customers.
Shape: mesh, plate, mesh plate combination
Application: Titanium anode for swimming pool disinfection
Some titanium electrode products and painting process display：
Titanium substrate features:
1. Titanium as the electrode body material has the advantages of good chemical durability and good mechanical processing performance. The mechanical properties of the electrolytic cell are extremely important for the design of the electrolytic cell.
2. A very thin, very dense, and highly tensile oxide film is formed on the surface of titanium. In the presence of anions with strong oxide activity, it has good performance even at high overpotentials.
3. The usual characteristics of metal oxides are high resistance, and ruthenium oxide and iridium oxide are one of the few conductive oxides. Compared with the platinum titanium electrode, the oxide catalyst (Ruo2) has the following
Titanium anode Features:
1) The consumption rate is extremely small, and the high current density operation also shows good durability.
2) The chlorine overpotential is not affected by other reactions.
3) Ruthenium oxide has ceramic-like properties and a high melting point. Even if it is short-circuited with mercury, it will not be damaged by amalgamation.
4) Strong adhesion to titanium matrix.
Application and material selection of titanium-coated ruthenium-iridium electrode in swimming pool water disinfection:
Using titanium anodes to produce sodium hypochlorite on-site is not only safe but also environmentally friendly by comparing with chlorine gas or pouring sodium hypochlorite in large quantities. Using titanium anodes to produce sodium hypochlorite avoids the use of corrosive and dangerous chemicals such as hydrochloric acid.
The reaction principle of electrode preparation of sodium hypochlorite is to electrolyze sodium chloride dissolved in water. During electrolysis, sodium hypochlorite is formed. A suitable salt concentration is 3-5 g/L. To improve salt utilization, diaphragms can be used, which are commonly used in large equipment and swimming pools.
The overall response is expressed as follows:
NaCl + H2O → NaClO + H2↑
Anode: 2Cl- – 2e → Cl2
Cathode: 2H+ + 2e → H2
Solution reaction: 2NaOH + Cl2 → NaCl + NaClO + H2O
The titanium anodes used by HS metal for swimming pool disinfection mainly include the following products:
1. Ruthenium metal oxide coated titanium anode;
2. Iridium platinum oxide coated titanium anode.
The titanium anode for swimming pool disinfection has the following advantages: high current efficiency, corrosion resistance, long service life, stable electrolysis, high cost performance, high electrocatalytic performance, stable electrode size, and the distance between electrodes will not change during the process of electrolysis, ensuring electrolysis. The operation is carried out under the condition that the cell voltage is stable.
Other Titanium Electrodes Product Display for Swimming Pool Disinfection：
The principle of swimming pool disinfection：
The active chemical substances generated by the overpotential principle show sterilization ability during the decomposition process; on the other hand, a high potential gradient is generated on the surface of the electrode during electrolysis, and once the electrode comes into contact with microorganisms, it has a sterilizing effect. In fact, the sterilization mechanism of the electrolytic sterilization device is combined for the following reasons:
(1) When the microorganism and the electrode are in contact, the additional potential of the contact interface, or the potential gradient of 106V/cm) will destroy the cell membrane;
(2) When the microorganism is in contact with the electrode, an electrochemical effect occurs in the microorganism;
(3) Secondary sterilization of active substances produced by electrolysis;
(4) pH value changes with electrolysis;
(5) Joule heat is generated at the electrode interface, which is sterilized by increasing the temperature;
(6) The microorganisms are sterilized by electric current;
(7) High-frequency conditions can be sterilized according to the principle of induction dispersion.
Most electrolytic sterilization devices are based on electrolysis with a solution containing chloride ions, and NaClO is generated on the anode for sterilization.
Any needs,please feel free to contact us.