1. Electrolytic production of sodium hypochlorite in chlor-alkali industry chlorate industry
The chemical industry that produces chlorine, hydrogen and caustic soda by electrolysis of aqueous salt solutions is called the chlor-alkali industry. It is the largest field in the modern electrochemical industry and occupies an important position in the national economy.
In addition to the above, downstream products such as hydrogen chloride (hydrochloric acid in aqueous solution), sodium hypochlorite, chlorinated stone, polyvinyl chloride (referred to as PVCPolyvinyl chloride polymer = PVC molecular structure), hydrogen peroxide, etc. can also be produced.
In the production of chlor-alkali, pure saturated brine is used as the electrolytic solution, titanium electrode is used as anode, iron mesh with asbestos wool is used as cathode, chlorine is generated in the anode chamber, and hydrogen and sodium hydroxide are generated in the cathode chamber. After purification, it is widely used in various industries. in production.
The application of titanium anode has greatly promoted the development of the chlor-alkali industry and is an epoch-making contribution to the electrochemical field. The electrode has high catalytic activity for chlorine evolution, and has good electrocatalytic activity, mechanical stability and chemical stability for the chlorine evolution reaction. Today’s chlor-alkali industry is an irreplaceable electrode material with a service life of more than five years.
2. Electrolyzed functional water
Functional water is defined as water that obtains various useful functions through artificial treatment. Electrolyzed water is popular as a sterilization treatment technology with good sterilization effect, strong practicability and no secondary pollution. Functional water is produced by electrolyzing drinking water or a small amount of dilute salt water with titanium electrodes, which is widely used in water electrolyzers.
1) Use electrolysis to produce hypochlorite, new ecological oxygen, hydroxyl radicals and other strong oxidizing substances to kill microorganisms.
2) Use electrolysis electrodes to directly act on microorganisms to make them die.
3) Alkaline ionized water can directly treat a variety of diseases, effectively improve the body’s metabolic function, eliminate harmful acidic metabolites free radicals, and enhance physical fitness to prevent and improve disease resistance.
4) Acidic ionized water has the effect of inhibiting the growth of bacteria, the effect is the same as that of beauty astringent water, and it is sterilized and disinfected with strong oxidizing properties.
3. Manufacture of electrodes for sodium hypochlorite generator and chlorine dioxide generator. (84 disinfectant)
Product appearance: plate, mesh, tube, etc., our company provides long-term supply for environmental protection enterprises, current density 30~60A, voltage 24V
4. Cathodic protection
In the marine, ship hull, bridge and other steel use environments, due to the corrosive effects of impurities in the steel and micro-batteries, coupled with the complex natural environment, although corrosion-resistant alloy steel is selected and the thickness of the material is increased to coat high-quality corrosion-resistant paint, these The corrosion of structures is still very serious, which greatly threatens safe production. Cathodic protection is a convenient and important measure to effectively protect permanent steel structures in the ocean.
1) The use of external current to make the entire surface of the protected metal structure become a cathode is called external current cathodic protection.
2) Connecting a metal or alloy with a more negative potential to the metal equipment that needs to be protected is called sacrificial anode protection.
Used in the following areas:
1) In fresh water and sea water, prevent corrosion of ships, docks, platforms, gates and cooling equipment.
2) In alkali and salt solutions, prevent corrosion of storage tanks, evaporation tanks, caustic soda pots, etc.
3) Prevent corrosion of pipelines and cables in soil and sea mud.
5. Gold-plated, steel plate galvanized and tinned
Titanium electrodes have excellent electrical conductivity and corrosion resistance, and their service life is much higher than that of lead anodes. They can work stably for more than 4000 hours and are low in cost. It will be an inevitable trend for the development of electro-galvanized and tin production at home and abroad.
Titanium electrodes are currently used in Japan, the United States, Germany, and China, which not only greatly saves electroplating energy consumption, but also creates conditions for the production of thick galvanized and tin steel plates because it can increase the electroplating current density.
6. Extraction of non-ferrous metals
Electrolytic metallurgy occupies a large proportion in the hydrometallurgical industry. The non-ferrous metals produced by electrolytic metallurgy include Zn, Cd, Cu, Mn, Co, Ni, Cr, etc.
The advantages of electrolytic metallurgy are high selectivity, high purity metals can be obtained, and useful metals can be recovered, so low-grade minerals and complex polymetallic minerals can be processed, which is beneficial to the comprehensive utilization of resources. In addition, the pollution to the environment is small, and the production is easier to be continuous and automated.
In recent years, coated titanium electrodes have been widely used in the field of electrolytic extraction of metals, and it has become the second industrial field to use titanium electrodes on a large scale.
7. Electrolytic copper foil
With the development of science and technology, the degree of automation has increased day by day, which has promoted the rapid development of the electronics industry. The application of large-scale integrated circuits has increased the demand for copper foil in the electronics and instrument industry, and the quality requirements for copper foil have also become higher and higher.
According to the thickness, it can be divided into 105μm, 70μm, 35μm, 18μm, 12μm, 9μm and 5μm. Among them, copper foil below 12μm is generally called ultra-thin copper foil.
The electrolytic copper foil uses a metal roller that is partially immersed in a copper sulfate solution and continuously rotates as the cathode, and the foil is produced by continuous electrolysis. The international copper foil production is mainly controlled by Japan, and there are about 15 domestic manufacturers with a production capacity of about 35,000 tons.
8. Sewage treatment
With the rapid development of industry and agriculture and population growth, the amount of sewage discharged by humans has increased sharply, causing many water areas to suffer from different degrees of pollution. Electrochemical treatment of sewage is divided into direct electrolysis and indirect electrolysis.
1) Direct electrolysis means that pollutants are directly oxidized or reduced on the electrode and removed from the wastewater. Direct electrolysis can be divided into cathode process and anode process. The anode process refers to the oxidation of pollutants on the anode surface to convert them into less toxic substances or easily biodegradable substances, and even the inorganicization of organic substances, so as to achieve the purpose of reducing pollution. The cathode process refers to the reduction of pollutants on the cathode surface to be removed. Mainly used for the reductive dehalogenation of halogenated hydrocarbons and the recovery of heavy metals.
2) Indirect electrolysis refers to the use of electrochemically generated redox substances as reactants or catalysts to convert pollutants into less toxic substances. Indirect electrolysis can be divided into reversible and irreversible processes. The reversible process refers to the electrochemical regeneration and recycling of redox substances during the electrolysis process; the irreversible process refers to the use of substances produced by irreversible electrochemical reactions to oxidize organic substances.
Used in printing and dyeing wastewater treatment, landfill leachate treatment, fecal sewage treatment, cyanide-containing wastewater treatment, pharmaceutical wastewater treatment, hospital sewage treatment, and organic wastewater treatment.
9. Recycling of etching waste liquid from PCB electronic circuit board factory
Etching is an important process in the production of printed circuit boards. As the etching progresses, the waste etching solution contains a large amount of copper ions or other metal ions, which can be recycled by electrolysis. Through this recycling link, companies not only increase economic benefits by recycling metals such as copper, but more importantly, emission compliance and resource recycling, which have long-term social benefits.
The waste liquid includes: acid etching waste liquid, alkaline etching waste liquid, low copper-containing waste liquid, waste fixing liquid, waste frame material, nickel-containing waste liquid, gold and palladium-containing waste liquid, and waste tin stripping water.