Titanium tube is light in weight, high in strength and superior in mechanical properties. It is widely used in heat exchange equipment, such as column and tube heat exchangers, coil and tube heat exchangers, serpentine tube heat exchangers, condensers, evaporators and transmission pipes.
The seamless titanium pipe is made by extrusion process, and the welded titanium pipe is welded after the sheet is rolled.
Generally, the seamless titanium tube has a smaller wall thickness and a smaller caliber.
Titanium tube has the following characteristics:
1. Seamless titanium tube, titanium tube. high strength. Titanium alloy has high strength, its tensile strength is 686-1176MPa, and its density is only about 60% of steel, so its specific strength is very high.
2. Seamless titanium tube has higher hardness. The hardness HRC of titanium alloy (annealed state) is 32-38.
3. Seamless titanium tube has low elastic modulus. Titanium alloy (annealed) has an elastic modulus of 1.078 × 10 to 1.176 × 10 MPa, which is about half that of steel and stainless steel.
Executive standards: ASTM B338, ASTM B338 B861
Seamless titanium tube:
Diameter: O.D 6-108mm
Wall thickness: 0.5-8mm
Length: up to 15000mm
4. Excellent high and low temperature performance. At high temperatures, seamless titanium tubes can still maintain good mechanical properties. Their heat resistance is much higher than aluminum alloys, and their operating temperature range is wide. At present, the working temperature of new heat-resistant titanium alloys can reach 550-600 ° C. ; At low temperature, the strength of titanium alloy is increased than that at normal temperature, and it has good toughness. Low temperature titanium alloy can still maintain good toughness at -253 ℃.
5. Seamless titanium tube has strong corrosion resistance. In the air below 550 ℃, titanium will quickly form a thin and dense titanium oxide film. Therefore, its corrosion resistance is better than that of most stainless steels in oxidizing media such as air, sea water, nitric acid and sulfuric acid, and strong alkalis.