Titanium anodes commonly used in industry are: ruthenium-iridium coated titanium anodes, iridium-tantalum coated titanium anodes, ruthenium-iridium-platinum coated titanium anodes and platinum coated titanium anodes. The appearance of platinum titanium anode is silver-white with metallic luster.
Platinum titanium anode has the following characteristics :
1. Platinum electrode has strong corrosion resistance and high catalytic activity.
2. High oxygen precipitation potential, low hydrogen precipitation potential, etc. It is both anode material and cathode material with excellent performance.
3. High current efficiency, corrosion-resistant, and can be inverted.
4. The Pt layer has good ductility, which makes the anode have good bonding force.
Platinum titanium anode application:
1.Platinum titanium electrode for electrolytic water hydrogen production.
2. Platinum titanium anode for water ionizer, platinum titanium alloy electrode for sterilized water machine.
3.Titanium anode for electrolyzing hydrogen-rich water.
The influencing factors of the service life of titanium anode include:
1. Current density: current density and anode life is inversely proportional. The higher the current, the shorter the service life of anode.
2. Titanium base material: the base material of anode is usually pure titanium, and it is required to be above the material of TA1, if the purity of the base material is not enough, the corrosion resistance will be greatly reduced, and the service life of the anode will have a great impact.
3. Electrolyte: The electrolyte is prohibited to contain fluoride ion, cyanide ion and sulfur ion, if any, it will have great influence on the life of anode.
4. Inverted pole: Inverted pole is a way often used in anode repair, which can make the old coating that has been passivated fall off from the surface of the substrate. Therefore, it is prohibited to pole in use.
5. Frequent power failure: in the case of no current passing through, the coating will be greatly damaged if it is immersed in the solution for a long time. 6. Man-made damage: the surface of the anode can not have any hard wounds, if part of the coating is damaged, even if it is a very small scratch, it will make the anode corrode and passivate rapidly, and finally lead to failure.