Nitinol rope wire Size 0.69（7*0.23）mm
FOB Reference Price
$310 – $1268.5 / kg | 1 kg (Min. Order)
Lead time： Stock/within 7-20 days
Shipping： Provide air or sea freight services as needed
Sample: Manufacturer provides proofing service
Packaging: Standard export packaging service
Place of Origin
Aerospace, industry, medical
Titanium & nickel
Powder Or Not:
Other titanium grade
Supply Ability:20 Ton/Tons per Month
Min. elongation to failure [%]
-5°C ± 5°C.
Fishing line,Eyeglass Frames, Cellular Phone Antennae, Bra Underwire
Functional Af=33 ± 3
Implantable devices,Bone staples
20 – 40
Guide wires, Stents
High temperature Ni-Ti alloy
45 – 95
Implantable active devices, Surgical tools, Thermostats Coffeepots
As-Ms ≤ 5
Titanium nickel alloy wire concept
Nickel-titanium alloy is a shape memory alloy, which is a special alloy that can automatically restore its plastic deformation to its original shape at a certain temperature. Its expansion rate is over 20%, fatigue life is up to 107 times, damping characteristics are 10 times higher than ordinary springs, and its corrosion resistance is better than the current best medical stainless steel, so it can meet the needs of various engineering and medical applications. It is a very good functional material.
In addition to its unique shape memory function, memory alloys are also resistant to wear, corrosion, high damping and superelasticity.
Characteristics of nickel-titanium alloy wire and its clinical application in the field of orthodontics Nickel-titanium alloy is widely used due to its superior superelasticity, shape memory function, corrosion resistance, and good biocompatibility and shock absorption characteristics. Orthodontic field.
Classification of nickel-titanium alloy wire
1) In 1940, gold arch wire, cobalt chrome wire and stainless steel round wire
2) In 1960, martensite stabilized alloys: mostly made of nickel-titanium alloy after deformation in the martensite state. This type of archwire has low stiffness and produces a lighter correction. There is no martensitic transformation caused by stress or temperature, so there is no memory effect and superelasticity.
3) In 1980, the Chinese nickel-titanium alloy and the Japanese nickel-titanium alloy arch wire were austenite-activated alloys: that is, the austenite state appeared in any state, and there was no temperature-induced Markov in the mouth and outside the mouth. The body state, the martensite state can only be caused by stress, has superelasticity, but does not have shape memory function. This type of archwire has excellent resilience and low stiffness, which can produce weaker correction. The big feature is that the force generated from the initial start to the final stage is constant, and the effect is better when the teeth are not neat in the early treatment. The point is that it cannot be bent at room temperature and is not easy to weld. If the company is used as the main archwire, it can often cause undesired expansion or contraction, and it is difficult to establish a good premolar and molar arrangement.
4) In 1990, martensite activated nickel-titanium alloy: that is, TTR is lower than the oral temperature or very similar to the oral temperature, exists in a multi-state at room temperature, is easily deformed, and is caused by stress when placed in the oral cavity. The martensite induced at room temperature is simultaneously transformed into austenite, that is, there is a shape memory function and superelasticity. It is easy to deform at normal temperature (about 25oC) and below, and when it reaches a certain temperature (about 32oC), it will return to its original shape, showing shape memory and superelasticity. The Smart card of Beijing St. Mart Technology Co., Ltd. and the Nitinol HA brand of 3M Company are typical representative products. Because of this characteristic, the heat-activated nickel-titanium arch wire can be easily molded and maintained in the bracket at a normal temperature and below, and can be produced when the receptor is warmed and activated in the oral cavity. Shape resilience provides the power needed for orthopedics. Because the heat-activated nickel-titanium orthopedic wire has the characteristics of “cooling and softening, and being activated by heat and becoming elastic”, the patient can change the orthodontic force by using the method of cold and hot water under the guidance of a doctor. It facilitates the correction of the corrector and reduces the discomfort of the initial correction.
5) Graded thermodynamic: Increased thermodynamic Nitinol: The TTR temperature is higher than the oral temperature, which is about 40oC. Thus, when the nickel-titanium archwire is placed in the oral cavity, it is still in a multi-state, and the archwire is softer. When there is hot water, there is an austenite transformation. Therefore, the correction is weaker and can be used as the initial archwire for adult patients and periodontal patients. The copper-nickel-titanium wire produced by Omcro and the Japanese low-lag L-H nickel-titanium arch wire have this property.
Phase transition and properties of Nitinol
As the name suggests, Nitinol is a binary alloy composed of nickel ions and titanium ions. Due to changes in temperature and mechanical pressure, there are two different crystal phases, namely the austenite phase and the martensite phase (Martensite). The phase transition sequence of the nickel-titanium alloy during cooling is the parent phase (austenite phase)-R phase-martensite phase. The R phase is a rhombohedral shape, and the austenite is a state in which the temperature is higher (greater than the same: the temperature at which the austenite starts to be heated), or the state at which the load is removed (external force removal Deactivation), the cube is hard. The shape is relatively stable. The martensite phase is a state in which the temperature is relatively low (less than Mf: the temperature at which martensite ends) or loading (activated by external force), hexagonal, malleable, repeatable, less stable, easier Deformation. Therefore, it is clinically determined that the phase transition temperature of Nitinol archwire has a positive guiding significance, so that clinicians can better utilize the performance of Nitinol for clinical orthodontic treatment.
Q:How to get nitinol wire suitable for me?
A:Check the details and click on send us Website form or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us the specification,grade and quantity you need. We will respond to you within 2 hours and give you the best offer.
Q:What are the classification of nitinol wire?
A:bss TiNi- SS TN3 TNC..
Q:How long is your delivery time?
A:If it is in stock, we will ship it within 2 days. If it isnot in stock, the construction period is about 7-15 days.
Q:What is the payment method?
A:We support wire transfer, T/T, credit card payment, PayPal, Payoneer,Western Union.
Q:Is it possible to provide free samples?
A:Of course,We can send free samples for your test according to your needs, you only need to pay a small amount of shipping.
Clinical application of nickel-titanium alloy wire
a. Early alignment and flattening of the patient’s dentition. Due to the superelasticity and shape memory properties of the Nitinol archwire and the low stress-strain curve, the Nitinol archwire is routinely included as the initial phase in the correction system. The archwire, in this way, the patient’s discomfort will be greatly reduced. Due to the existence of several different straight wire bowing techniques, MBT technology recommends the use of 0.016 inch heat activated Nitinol arch wire (HANT wire). The DEMON self-locking bracket technology recommends the use of copper-containing heat activated nickel-titanium produced by Omcro. Alloy arch wire (phase transition temperature is about 40 degrees), O-PAK correction technology is recommended to use 0.016 inch superelastic nickel-titanium alloy arch wire for early alignment.
b. Nickel-titanium spring: Nickel-titanium push spring and tension spring are springs used for orthodontics of teeth. They are special for nickel-titanium superelasticity. They are suitable for orthodontic treatment to develop gaps between teeth and pull teeth in different directions. A nickel-titanium coil spring elongated by 1 mm produces a force of approximately 50 g. Nickel-titanium coil springs have high elastic properties and produce a softer and stable durability under tension. The attenuation of the force is small and produces the ideal orthodontic force required to meet the clinically moving teeth. Meet physiological requirements. The high elasticity and permanent deformation rate of the nickel-titanium wire tension spring are extremely low, and the release force is 3.5-4 times different from that of the stainless steel wire of the same diameter. Therefore, in the application of orthodontic treatment, the patient not only has mild pain, but also feels soft and lasting, and the time for re-diagnosis is reduced, the course of treatment is shortened, and the curative effect is improved. It is a new excellent mechanical device in orthodontic treatment.
c. L-H arch wire is developed by Dr. Soma of Japan and produced by Tomy. “LH” is the name “LowHysteresis”, that is to say, when the archwire is ligated to the bracket, that is, the stress generated when the archwire is activated and the tooth is slowly restored when the tooth is moved. The difference in stress generated is small. The lag is small. SOMA et al. compared the stress-strain curves of LH archwires and other Ni-Ti alloy wires. The LH archwire has the smallest hysteresis range. This feature gives archwires the advantage of low load and sustained light force, while the initial slope of the curve is low. It shows that the rigidity of the archwire is low, and the hysteresis curve of the other types of Nitinol archwires indicates that the rigidity is large. It is obvious that the LH archwire has obvious mechanical advantages. Since the content ratio of titanium in the LH wire nickel-titanium component is higher than that of the general nickel-titanium arch wire, it is called titanium-nickel wire, and experiments have proved that the shock absorption effect is strong. Another feature of LH nickel-titanium wire is that it can be bent and can be heated and shaped by heat treatment equipment. Therefore, LH nickel-titanium wire can also be leveled, opened and closed to the closing gap, and the final stage of completion. That is to say, the treatment can be completed, as long as the arch wire is taken out and bent in a desired shape at each stage, and then shaped by a heat treatment instrument to strengthen the hardness. At present, L-H archwire is used in the clinical expansion of the bow to correct the open jaw, partial jaw and anti-jaw, because its strength is sustained and soft, and the effect is better. At the same time, J hooks are often used together to improve the softness of the archwire. Although MEAW technology has an ideal effect for correcting the above-mentioned malocclusion, complicated arch bending often makes many physicians discouraged. Therefore, some physicians have changed the rocker-type nickel-titanium arch wire similar to the mechanical system and the vertical traction of the anterior teeth. Although this has similar effects, it is always felt that compared with the MEAW, the individual tooth movements are not as good as the MEAW technology. The rocker-type nickel-titanium wire is a continuous archwire and there is no way to bend it. Therefore, the angle of the bracket bonding and the rocking curvature of the archwire determine the angle of each tooth, unlike the angle of each tooth in the MEAW technology. Use LH nickel-titanium to bend the rocking chair, and then use the arch wire shaper to bend in the mouth and then bend or bend forward. The effect is quite satisfactory.
Free to contact us
Country / Region
Titanium material/anode/tube/bar/plate/pipefitting/CNC parts/bolts/foam
11 – 50 People
Total Annual Revenue
US$2.5 Million – US$5 Million
Europe Market 18.5.00%
North America 37.00%
South America 26.5.00%
No. of Employees in Trade Department
Average Lead Time
Total Annual Revenue
US$2.5Million – US$5 Million
Accepted Delivery Terms
FOB, CFR, CIF, EXW, FAS, CIP, FCA, CPT, DEQ, DDP, DDU, Express Delivery, DAF, DES
Accepted Payment Currency
USD, EUR, JPY, CAD, AUD, HKD, GBP, CNY
Accepted Payment Type
T/T, L/C, D/P D/A, MoneyGram, Credit Card, PayPal, Western Union, Cash, Escrow
Tianjin, Shanghai, Ningbo