Nickel Titanium Alloy Price | BAOJI HIGHSTAR TITANIUM
- Specification:Dia 0.36(7*0.12mm)
- Main uses: Fishing line, Fishing wire
- Shape:round rope，Around axis
Nickel Titanium Alloy Price-Titanium nickel alloy wire concept
Nitinol is a shape memory alloy. Shape memory alloy is a special alloy that can automatically restore its plastic deformation to its original shape at a certain temperature. Its expansion rate is more than 20%, fatigue life is 107 times, damping characteristics are 10 times higher than ordinary springs, its corrosion resistance is better than the best medical stainless steel at present, so it can meet the needs of various engineering and medical applications. It is a very good functional material.
In addition to its unique shape memory function, memory alloys also have excellent characteristics such as wear resistance, corrosion resistance, high damping and super elasticity.
The characteristics of nickel-titanium alloy wire and its clinical application in the field of orthodontics. Nickel-titanium alloy is widely used for its superior superelasticity, shape memory function, corrosion resistance, good biocompatibility and shock absorption characteristics. Orthodontics field.
(1) Phase transformation and properties of Nitinol
As the name suggests, a nickel-titanium alloy is a binary alloy composed of nickel ions and titanium ions. Due to changes in temperature and mechanical pressure, there are two different crystal structure phases, namely, austenite phase and martensite phase (Martensite phase). ). The phase transformation sequence of nickel-titanium alloy during cooling is the mother phase (austenite phase) -R phase-martensite phase. The R phase is rhombohedral, and austenite is a state when the temperature is higher (greater than the same: the temperature at which austenite starts), or when the load is removed (external force is removed from Deactivation). The shape is relatively stable. The martensite phase is the state when the temperature is relatively low (less than Mf: the temperature at which the martensite ends) or loaded (activated by external force), hexagonal, malleable, repeatable, less stable, and easier Deformed. Therefore, determining the phase transition temperature of Nitinol arch wire clinically has positive guiding significance, so that clinicians can better use the performance of Nitinol alloy for clinical orthodontic treatment.
Nickel Titanium Alloy Price-Special properties of Nitinol
1. Shape memory (shape memory) shape memory is when a certain shape of the parent phase is cooled from above Af temperature to below Mf temperature to form martensite, then the martensite is deformed at a temperature below Mf and heated to below Af temperature. With the reverse phase change, the material will automatically restore its shape in the parent phase. In fact, the shape memory effect is a heat-induced phase transformation process of nickel-titanium alloy.
2. Superelastic (superelastic) The so-called superelastic refers to the phenomenon that the sample produces a strain that is much larger than the elastic limit strain under the action of external force, and the strain can automatically recover when unloaded. That is, in the state of the parent phase, due to the effect of applied stress, the stress-induced martensite transformation occurs, so that the alloy exhibits a mechanical behavior different from that of ordinary materials, and its elastic limit is much greater than that of ordinary materials, and no longer observes the tiger. Law. Compared with shape memory properties, superelasticity does not involve heat. In short, superelasticity means that the stress does not increase with the increase of strain within a certain deformation range. Clinically, it shows that the correction force generated by the arch wire during the deformation process remains constant and no longer gradually with the movement of the tooth in the direction of correction Lost. According to the characteristics of the stress-strain curve corresponding to superelasticity, superelasticity can be divided into linear superelasticity and nonlinear superelasticity. The stress-strain curve in the former is close to a linear relationship between stress and strain. Non-linear superelasticity refers to the results of stress-induced martensitic transformation and its inverse phase transformation during loading and unloading in a certain temperature range above Af. Therefore, nonlinear hyperelasticity is also called phase transition pseudoelasticity. The pseudo-elasticity of the nickel-titanium alloy can reach about 8%. The superelasticity of nickel-titanium alloy can be changed with the change of heat treatment conditions. When the archwire is heated above 400oC, the superelasticity begins to decrease. When the heat treatment temperature exceeds 600oC, the superelasticity is basically small. According to this feature, the non-corrected area of the arch wire can be heat-treated clinically to make it lose its superelasticity, which can avoid the influence of the correction process on the teeth in the non-corrected area, and the arch wire in the corrected area still has good elasticity.
3. Sensitivity of temperature change in oral cavity: The curative power of stainless steel wire and CoCr alloy orthodontic wire is basically not affected by the temperature in oral cavity. The orthodontic power of superelastic nickel-titanium alloy orthodontic wire changes with the change of oral temperature. When the amount of deformation is constant. As the temperature rises, the correction power increases. On the one hand, it can accelerate the movement of teeth, because the temperature changes in the oral cavity will stimulate the blood flow in the stagnation of blood flow caused by the correction device, so that the repair cells are fully nourished during the movement of the teeth. Maintain its vitality and normal function. On the other hand, orthodontists cannot accurately control or measure the correction power in the oral environment.
4. Corrosion resistance: Some studies have shown that the corrosion resistance of nickel-titanium wire is similar to that of stainless steel wire
5. Anti-toxicity: The special chemical composition of nickel-titanium shape memory alloy, which is a kind of nickel-titanium and other atomic alloy, contains about 50% nickel, and nickel is known to have carcinogenic and cancer-promoting effects. In general, the titanium oxide on the surface layer acts as a barrier to make Ni-Ti alloys have good biocompatibility. TiXOy and TixNiOy of the surface layer can suppress the release of Ni.
6. Soft orthodontic power: The currently used orthodontic metal wires include austenitic stainless steel wire, cobalt-chromium-nickel alloy wire, nickel-chromium alloy wire, Australian alloy wire, gold alloy wire and titanium alloy wire. The load-displacement curve of these orthodontic correction wires under tensile test and three-point bending test conditions. Nitinol’s unloading curve platform is the lowest and flattest, indicating that it can provide long-lasting and gentle healing power.
7. Good shock absorption characteristics: The greater the shock to the arch wire caused by chewing and nocturnal teeth, the greater the damage to the roots and periodontal tissues. Through the results of different arch wire attenuation experiments, it is found that the vibration amplitude of the stainless steel wire is larger than that of the superelastic nickel-titanium wire, and the initial vibration amplitude of the superelastic nickel-titanium arch wire is only half of that of the stainless steel wire. The good vibration and shock absorption characteristics of the arch wire The health of teeth is very important, and traditional arch wire, such as stainless steel wire, has a tendency to increase the absorption of tooth roots.
Nickel Titanium Alloy Price-Nitinol wire classification
1) In 1940, gold bow wire, cobalt chromium alloy wire and stainless steel round wire
2) In 1960, the martensitic stabilizing alloy: mostly made of nickel-titanium alloy deformed in the martensite state. This kind of arch wire has low rigidity, which can produce lighter correction power. There is no martensitic transformation caused by stress or temperature, so there is no memory effect and superelasticity.
3) In 1980, Chinese nickel-titanium alloy and Japanese nickel-titanium alloy archwires were austenite activated alloys: that is, they exhibited an austenite state in any state, and they did not have temperature-induced martensitic inside and outside the mouth. Body state, martensite state can only be caused by stress, has super elasticity, but does not have shape memory function. This kind of arch wire has excellent resilience and low stiffness, and can produce weaker correction force. The big feature is that from the initial start to the final stage, the force it generates continues to be constant, and the effect is better when the teeth are not neatly treated early. The point of removal is that it cannot be bent at room temperature and is not easy to weld. If the company is used as the main arch wire, it can often cause undesirable expansion or contraction, and it is difficult to establish a good premolar and molar arrangement.
4) In 1990, martensite activated nickel-titanium alloy: TTR was lower than the oral temperature or very close to the oral temperature, existed in a multiple state at room temperature, easy to deform, and caused by stress when placed in the oral cavity At room temperature, martensite transforms into austenite at the same time, that is, there is shape memory function and super elasticity. It is easy to deform at normal temperature (about 25oC) and below, and when it reaches a certain temperature (about 32oC), it will return to the original pre-formed shape, showing shape memory plus super-elastic properties. Beijing Smart Technology Co., Ltd. Smart brand and 3M company Nitinol HA brand are typical representative products. Because of this characteristic, the thermally activated nickel-titanium arch wire can be easily formed by maintaining it at room temperature and below, and placed in the bracket. When activated by the temperature and heat of the receptor in the mouth, it can produce The shape restoring force provides the required strength for orthopedics. Because the heat activated nickel-titanium orthopedic wire has the characteristics of “softening in the cold, and becoming more elastic when heated”, the patient can use the cold and hot water in the mouth to change the correction power under the guidance of the doctor. It facilitates the correction of the corrector and reduces the discomfort of the initial correction.
5) Graded thermodynamic: Increased thermodynamic nickel-titanium alloy: The TTR temperature is higher than the oral cavity temperature, about 40oC, so that when the nickel-titanium arch wire is placed in the oral cavity, it is still in a multiple state, the arch wire is relatively soft, The austenite phase changes only when it contains hot water. Therefore, the correction power is weaker and can be used as the initial arch wire for adult patients and periodontal disease patients. Omcro’s copper-containing nickel-titanium wire and Japan’s low-lag L-H nickel-titanium arch wire have this kind of performance
Nickel Titanium Alloy Price-Clinical application of Nitinol wire:
1. It is used for the early alignment of patients’ dentitions. Due to the superelasticity and shape memory performance of nickel-titanium alloy arch wire and low stress-strain curve, the clinical practice currently includes nickel-titanium alloy arch wire as the initial stage of treatment system The arch wire, so that the patient’s discomfort will be greatly reduced. Because there are several different straight wire bow correction techniques, MBT technology recommends the use of 0.016-inch heat activated nickel-titanium alloy wire (HANT wire), DEMON self-locking bracket technology recommends the use of copper-containing heat activated nickel titanium produced by Omcro Alloy arch wire (the phase transition temperature is about 40 degrees), O-PAK correction technology recommends the use of 0.016 inch superelastic nickel titanium alloy arch wire for early alignment.
2. Nickel-titanium spring: Nickel-titanium push springs and tension springs are a kind of spring used for orthodontics. They are particularly elastic with nickel-titanium. They are suitable for orthodontic treatment to develop gaps between teeth and pull teeth in different directions. Nickel-titanium coil springs extend 1mm to produce a force of approximately 50g. Nickel-titanium coil springs have high elastic properties and can produce a soft and stable continuous force under tension. The attenuation of the force is very small, which can produce the ideal orthodontic force required for clinically moving teeth. Meet the physiological requirements. The high elasticity and permanent deformation rate of the nickel-titanium wire tension spring is very low. Compared with the stainless steel wire of the same diameter, the correction force released is 3. 5 to 4 times different. Therefore, in the application of orthodontic treatment, the patient not only has light pain, but also feels soft and long-lasting strength, and the time for returning to the clinic is reduced, which shortens the course of treatment and improves the curative effect. It is a new excellent mechanical device in orthodontic treatment.
3. L-H arch wire is researched and developed by Dr. Soma in Japan and produced by Tomy. “LH” is named after “Low Hysteresis”, that is, when the arch wire is ligated to the bracket, that is, the stress generated when the arch wire is activated and the arch wire slowly recovers when the tooth is moved The difference between the stresses generated in the original state is small. That is, the lag is very small. SOMA et al. Compared the stress-strain curves of LH arch wire and other nickel-titanium alloy wires. The hysteresis range of LH arch wire is the smallest. This characteristic gives the arch wire the advantage of low load and continuous light force. At the same time, the initial slope of the curve is low. This shows that the stiffness of the archwire is low, and the hysteresis curve of the other types of nitinol archwires shows that the rigidity is relatively large. Obviously, the LH archwire has obvious mechanical advantages. Because the content of titanium in the nickel-titanium component of the LH wire is higher than that of the general nickel-titanium arch wire, it is called titanium-nickel wire, and experiments have shown that its shock absorption effect is stronger. Another feature of LH nickel-titanium wire is that it can be bent, and can be heat-set with heat treatment equipment. Therefore, LH nickel-titanium wire can also be aligned, opened and closed to the gap, and the final stage of completion.
Want to know Nickel Titanium Alloy Price? Please contact us :