1. What is a titanium anode?
The full name of titanium anode is titanium-based metal oxide coated titanium anode (MMO). Also called DSA anode. (dimensionally stable anodes). It uses titanium as the substrate, and brushes the noble metal coating on the titanium substrate, so that it has good electrocatalytic activity and electrical conductivity.
Classification of titanium anodes: according to the gas evolution of the anode in the electrochemical reaction, the chlorine evolution anode is called chlorine evolution anode, such as ruthenium coating titanium electrode: the oxygen evolution anode is called oxygen evolution anode, such as iridium coating titanium electrode and platinum electrode Titanium mesh/plate.
Chlorine anode (ruthenium-coated titanium electrode): high chloride ion content in the electrolyte: generally in the environment of hydrochloric acid, electrolysis of seawater, and electrolysis of salt water. Such as ruthenium iridium titanium anode, ruthenium iridium tin titanium anode.
Oxygen evolution anode (iridium-coated titanium electrode): The electrolyte is generally a sulfuric acid environment. The corresponding products of our company are iridium tantalum anode, iridium tantalum tin anode and high iridium anode. Platinum-plated anode (platinum titanium mesh/platinum titanium plate): titanium is the base material.
The surface is plated with precious metal platinum, and the thickness of the coating is generally 1-5um (microns). The mesh size of platinum titanium mesh is generally 12.7*4.5mm or 6*3.5mm.
Second, the advantages of titanium anode
At present, domestic titanium anodes are mainly brushed. Such electrodes have a very wide range of applications. Titanium anodes are also known as DSA anodes due to their lightweight and flexible manufacturing process. Compared with similar anodes, titanium anodes have the following advantages:
1. The anode size is stable, the distance between electrodes does not change during the electrolysis process, and the electrolysis operation is carried out under the condition that the cell voltage is stable.
2. Low working voltage, low power consumption, DC power consumption can be reduced by 10-20%.
3. Titanium anode has long working life and strong corrosion resistance.
4. It can overcome the dissolution problem of graphite anode and lead anode, avoid contamination of electrolyte and cathode products, and thus improve the purity of metal products.
5. High current density, small overpotential, high electrode catalytic activity, can effectively catch high production efficiency.
6. It can avoid the short circuit problem after the deformation of the lead anode, and improve the current efficiency.
7. The shape is easy to make and high precision is possible.
8. The titanium base is reusable.
9. Low overpotential characteristics, easy removal of air bubbles on the surface between electrodes and electrodes, which can effectively reduce the voltage of the electrolytic cell.