Advantages of titanium anode:
1. The anode size is stable, and the distance between the electrodes does not change during the electrolysis process, which ensures that the electrolysis operation is performed under the condition that the cell voltage is stable.
2. The working life of titanium anode is long. In the chlor-alkali industry produced by diaphragm method, the metal anode is resistant to chlorine and alkali corrosion. The anode life has been more than 3 years, while the graphite anode is only 8 months.
3. The working voltage is low, so the power consumption is small, energy consumption can be saved, and the DC power consumption can be reduced by 10% to 20%. The main reason for the low working voltage of titanium anode:
1) The active coating titanium anode has a relatively low overpotential for both chlorine and oxygen. When the brine is electrolyzed to produce chlor-alkali, the titanium anode has a low chlorine overpotential and is 140 mV lower than the graphite anode at 1 A/cm2;
2) The “bubble shielding effect” can be reduced, the bubbles generated on the surface of the metal anode are relatively small, and the detachment is rapid, so that the degree of charge between the electrodes is greatly reduced, the ohmic drop between the two electrodes is about 700 mV, and the bubble diameter is about 3 mm;
3) reducing the electrical resistance of the anode structure;
4) Shorten the distance between the poles.
4. Increase current density. In the production of chlor-alkali by diaphragm method, the working current density of graphite anode is 8A/dm2, and the titanium anode can be multiplied by 17A/dm2, so that the output can be doubled under the same conditions of electrolysis plant and electrolyzer. Single-slot production capacity effectively improves labor productivity. When electrolysis is carried out at a high working current density, it is preferred to use a titanium anode.
5. It has strong corrosion resistance and can work in many corrosive and special electrolytic materials.
6. It can overcome the problem of dissolution of graphite anode and lead anode, avoiding pollution of electrolyte and cathode products, and thus improving the purity of metal products.