The titanium anode is the anode in the titanium-based metal oxide coating. According to the different catalytic coatings on the surface, it has the function of oxygen evolution and chlorine evolution. Generally, electrode materials must have good electrical conductivity, small change in pole pitch, strong corrosion resistance, good mechanical strength and processing performance, long life, low cost, and good electrocatalytic performance for electrode reactions. Currently, titanium is the most satisfactory. For metals required for comprehensive requirements, industrial pure titanium TA1\TA2 is generally used
The role of the metal oxide coating on the titanium anode is: low resistivity, good conductivity (the conductivity of titanium itself is not good), the chemical composition of the precious metal coating is stable, the crystal structure is stable, the electrode size is stable, and the corrosion resistance Good, long life, with good electrocatalytic performance, which is beneficial to reduce the overpotential of oxygen evolution and chlorine evolution reactions, and save electric energy.
1. Titanium anode has a long working life. In the chlor-alkali industry produced by the diaphragm method, the metal anode is resistant to corrosion by chlorine and alkali. The anode life has reached more than 6 years, while the graphite anode is only 8 months.
2. It can overcome the dissolution problem of graphite anode and lead anode, avoid contamination of electrolyte and cathode products, thus improving the purity of metal products.
3. It can increase the current density. In the production of chlor-alkali by the diaphragm method, the working current density of the graphite anode is 8A/dm2, and the titanium anode can be doubled to 17A/dm2. In this way, under the same conditions of the electrolysis plant and the electrolysis cell, the output can be doubled and increased The single tank production capacity effectively improves the labor production efficiency. When electrolysis is performed at high working current density, it is more appropriate to use a titanium anode.
4. Due to the metal anode, the high temperature and high current density operation of the chlorate electrolyzer becomes possible. The use of metal anodes improves the structure of the electrolytic cell, reduces power consumption, accelerates the chemical reaction of hypochlorite to chlorate, and improves production performance.
5. With DSA, the design concepts and operating conditions of the mercury method and diaphragm method salt electrolyzers have been improved, and energy consumption has been reduced. The low overpotential characteristics of DSA and the easy removal of bubbles on the surface between the electrodes and the electrodes are important reasons for the reduction of the voltage of the metal anode electrolyzer.
6. The anode size is stable, and the distance between the electrodes does not change during the electrolysis process, which can ensure that the electrolysis operation is carried out under the condition of stable cell voltage.
7. It can avoid the short-circuit problem after the lead anode is deformed, so the current efficiency can be improved.
8. Titanium anode is light in weight, which can reduce labor intensity.
9. The switch is easy to make and can be made with high precision.
10. In the production of chlor-alkali, after the titanium anode is used, the product quality is high, the purity of the chlorine gas is high, no CO2, and the alkali concentration is high, which can save heating steam and energy consumption.
11. Strong corrosion resistance, can work in many corrosive electrolytic media with special requirements.
12. The base metal titanium can be used repeatedly.
13. The emergence of metal anodes can be designed and industrialized using the latest ion-exchange membrane electrolysis technology that has recently emerged in the chlor-alkali industry
For any questions, please contact: