Advantages of titanium alloy screws
Any inquiry,please contact us:
1. High specific strength. The density of titanium is 4.51g/cm³, which is higher than that of aluminum but lower than that of steel, copper and nickel, but its strength is much higher than that of other metals. The screws made of titanium alloy are light and strong.
2. Good corrosion resistance. Titanium and titanium alloys are stable in many media, and titanium alloy screws can be used in various corrosive environments.
3. Good heat resistance and low temperature resistance. Titanium alloy screws can work normally in a high temperature environment of 600 ° C and a low temperature of minus 250 ° C, and can maintain their own shape without changing.
4. Non-magnetic and non-toxic. Titanium is a non-magnetic metal and will not be magnetized in a large magnetic field; it is not only non-toxic, but also has good compatibility with the human body.
5. Strong anti-damping performance. After titanium is subjected to mechanical vibration and electrical vibration, its own vibration attenuation time is the longest compared with steel and copper metals. Using this property, it can be used as a tuning fork, a vibration element for a medical ultrasonic mill, and a vibration film for an advanced audio speaker.
Application of titanium alloy screws
Relatively expensive metal materials like titanium alloys are mainly used in some high-end precision industries.
1. Nuclear Industry
During the construction of nuclear reactors, many components, pipes and related components require a large amount of titanium and titanium alloys, and titanium alloy screws are one of them.
2. Electronic equipment
In the past, many mobile phones and computers used steel screws. However, the steel is magnetic and needs to be demagnetized, otherwise the steel screws will be easily magnetized by the influence of the electromagnetic field, which will affect the network signal. Titanium alloy screws are non-magnetic, lightweight and strong, making them ideal for use as electronic device fasteners.
3. Medical industry
Titanium is a biophilic metal that is widely used in the medical industry. Titanium alloy screws are often used for the fixation of clinical fractures and dislocations, and are strong and not easily deformed.
The aerospace field is still the most important user of titanium. The use of titanium alloy screws to replace steel screws with similar strength has a significant effect on the weight reduction of aircraft. In addition, the titanium alloy has good elasticity and non-magnetic properties, which also plays a very important role in preventing the loosening of screws and preventing magnetic field interference.
With the development of the titanium industry, titanium alloy screws will no longer be limited to high-end precision industries, but will go deeper into people’s daily lives.